New to Madison

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

New to Madison

Postby jservedio on Wed May 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jack and I am making the long move from Durham, NC up to Madison in the next couple of weeks with my fiancee, dog, and 2 reef tanks and wanted to get set up on the local forums and introduce myself to the Madison reefing community! I have been keeping a reef for a little over 2 years now and did FW previously since I was a child for as long as I can remember. Currently, I have a 20g Tall mixed reef, that seems to have more acro daily, and an awesome little 2g pico reef I keep on my desk at work that is about 8 months old now.

I am a software developer by trade (computer geek AND reef geek...I know... at least I snowboard and play the drums, thankfully, otherwise I wouldn't be getting married in October!) and am always glad to help out with the forums or help people program their controllers. I look forward to meeting some of you guys and gals once I am settled in and I am always glad to share frags!

And, of course, here are some pictures since we all know that is all that really matters :mrgreen:

Here is a recent picture of my 2g Pico at work - the portable reef:

Here is a little older picture of my 20g before I went through AEFW at the end of 2013 and learned why dipping just isn't enough. Luckily, my tank is almost fully recovered and my acros are happy once again (those that made it). Unfortunately, all my acros are sitting on racks detached from the rockwork to make the move easier, but I am very excited to get everything back on the rocks and re-encrusting once again. I can't stand the look of white eggcrate and having my colonies in disarray scattered about the sand bed.

And lastly, here is a picture of my superhero beagle wearing her cape, the other non-human creature that takes up even more time than my reefs!
jservedio

Re: New to Madison

Postby starboard on Wed May 21, 2014 7:32 pm

Welcome to MARS! Look forward to meeting you.Cheers!
starboard

Postby MadCityReefer on Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 pm

WELCOME jservedio

Its a little quiet on MARS right now but a few of us get like to get together here and there when we can. Hope to see you around if you need any advice on local stores there are only two in Madison worth checking out, Animart and Living Art. Living Art Aquarium specializes in aquatic pets and has recently moved to a bigger location but wont be open till June 2nd I believe and if you are looking for frags I'm your man!! Located on the west side of Madison
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Postby jservedio on Thu May 22, 2014 7:43 am

MadCityReefer wrote:WELCOME jservedio

Its a little quiet on MARS right now but a few of us get like to get together here and there when we can. Hope to see you around if you need any advice on local stores there are only two in Madison worth checking out, Animart and Living Art. Living Art Aquarium specializes in aquatic pets and has recently moved to a bigger location but wont be open till June 2nd I believe and if you are looking for frags I'm your man!! Located on the west side of Madison

Oh I like the look of that! Definitely look forward to checking out those acros in person :D
jservedio

Postby Jeromi on Thu May 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Welcome to Mars! Good luck with the move and look forward to meeting you. Update us on when you get here and are settled maybe we could do another meetup.
Jeromi

Postby salmonshutters on Fri May 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Welcome to MARS its always nice to see new people on here.
salmonshutters

Postby Longinus on Sat May 24, 2014 9:25 am

Jeromi wrote:Update us on when you get here and are settled maybe we could do another meetup.

Another meetup would be great!
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Postby bubblewood on Sat May 24, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm game for it! Welcome to Madison....Jack! Look forward to meeting you. Have a safe trip up here. It will probably be snowing when you get here. JK... :-)
bubblewood

Return to MARS General