HEy! Meisen is still alive.

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

HEy! Meisen is still alive.

Postby meisen on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Hey guys,

thought I'd say hi and post a quick update. Missing Madison, my MARS friends and the reefing scene of course! New Paltz, NY is fun and pretty amazing however. Like a tiny version of Madison except with mountains and warmer winters :lol: . We don't get down to the city much. I've been twice, Debbie once. The kids settled into life here quite well, having a dozen new friends each way faster than we did.

I've managed to stay *ahem* dry for the meantime despite having picked up a couple of tanks in the past year. Amazing how much free time one has without water changes :mrgreen: I spend my spare time gardening (the terrestrial kind), skiing, running, biking and swimming. No plans for a tank yet. I have gone to a couple Northeast swaps (meh, not as good as ours!). I'm hoping to go to MACNA next year. I want to do some collecting out on Long Island with Todd Gardener...the gulf stream drags some lovely tropical vagrants up our way September-October. Of course then if I catch something cool I'll have to get a tank going for it.

Glad to see that the club is still going and that folks picked up the frag swap organizing effort! I will not be coming to Madison in January but you all have fun there!!!
meisen

Re: HEy! Meisen is still alive.

Postby SeeingGreen on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Good to hear from you! Glad life is treating you right.
SeeingGreen

Postby BraenDead on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:55 am

Hey Mark - glad you posted here! Don't be a stranger, you're always welcome :)

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Jake on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:58 am

Hey man, good to hear things are going good. Take care
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jake

Postby starboard on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:22 am

Good news! Glad your doing your thing.
starboard

Postby MM on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:12 pm

The Club is still alive and searching for a new identity. It will come in time. It will not be possible to duplicate the amazing group we had a bit back, we had one of the best clubs in the US, but we will get something get moving again eventually. Change is good, something new :)

Glad to hear you are doing well. See what I mean about change, it keeps you young. Doing the same stuff too long makes the years fly by.

Keep in touch :)
MM

Postby meisen on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:20 pm

:) for sure guys, good to hear from you all!
meisen

Postby goodguy on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Wishing you the best with your move. I would like to let you know that many of the high end and named SPS frags I received from you before your move are all doing great and growing. They are doing so well that I decided to get a hobbyist table at the up coming swap in Madison and will be selling some of my frags that I received from you. I will have a little sign that has all the prices, names and where I received them from. Your name is on six of the frags of whom I received them from. I also would like to let you know that I tried to clear my inbox box up on Reef Central and found a PM that you sent me from 2004 regarding my sale of livestock and equipment when I broke down my 120 gallon. We have actually touched paths for a while now.
Again good luck with everything and hope we cross paths again.

Sonny
goodguy

Postby meisen on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:38 pm

goodguy wrote:Wishing you the best with your move. I would like to let you know that many of the high end and named SPS frags I received from you before your move are all doing great and growing. They are doing so well that I decided to get a hobbyist table at the up coming swap in Madison and will be selling some of my frags that I received from you. I will have a little sign that has all the prices, names and where I received them from. Your name is on six of the frags of whom I received them from. I also would like to let you know that I tried to clear my inbox box up on Reef Central and found a PM that you sent me from 2004 regarding my sale of livestock and equipment when I broke down my 120 gallon. We have actually touched paths for a while now.
Again good luck with everything and hope we cross paths again.

Sonny

Ha ha awesome!!!! So glad to hear you are doing well with them! Now if I can just get a tank together in the next year or two I can buy some frags back from you!!!
meisen

Return to MARS General