Fish Room in Progress...

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Re: Fish Room in Progress...

Postby Landon on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:17 pm

Just snapping a couple shots on a boring afternoon...

Mille that I got from Meisen a while back... I really love this coral.

Heres a shot of Pearlberry... I really have a hard time getting a picture of this coral that represents it well. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a good shot of theirs?
The Arctic Night-lights. "As if the natural world's been turned upside down." - Lord Mandrake
Landon

Postby Landon on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Thought this was kind of a cool angle, its the end of the 45 in the living room.
The Arctic Night-lights. "As if the natural world's been turned upside down." - Lord Mandrake
Landon

Postby SiLkk on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:46 am

Some great shots Landon, the living room tank is awesome!!
Nanocube 12 gallon Deluxe started on Feb 1, 2009
http://www.madisonreef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6173
SiLkk

Postby Landon on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 am

The fish room is oficially a storage area! I am totally moved out and have nothing in there but boxes of junk and miscellaneous rummage-salable stuff.

All in all the fish room was super fun. It was nice having a "wet room". Man did I spill a lot of water on the floor. I learned so much about plumbing and pumps and all kinds of other great things.

In the end the final decision was made regarding energy usage. My heaters ran 24/7 as it was always cool in the room. It would get so cold in there in the winter you could barely stand it! :D As I downsized the tanks it made sense to move them into the main area of the basement. Overflows and other mishaps leading to water on the floor are rare at this point. Kinda nice though, just in case I built my new stands next to the floor drain. :)

I would reccomend this type of project to anyone who has a space they have a vision for. It was a great place to learn and enjoy reefing.

Thanks for reading!
Landon

Postby Landon on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:36 am

Time for a reboot. We've managed to stay in our little house and plan to for many years to come. Time for a big tank!

I decided to rework the fish room. I insulated the walls and ceiling, added a sink, revamped the electrical, and also added a spot ERV. I'm really hoping the ERV will help with oxygen exchange in the room leading to a more stable PH.

I plan on adding a 210 to the room as a display. I also will be creating areas for a dedicated water change station, quarantine, sump and fuge and of course a frag tank.

Look forward to sharing the new trip.

Before...

During...

After...
Landon

Postby MadCityReefer on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm

nice to see your back in the game!!
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Previous

Return to MARS General