Moderator: BraenDead

My bonded pair of long fin Ocellaris

Postby MM on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:27 am

I uploaded a short vid to MARS FB, if this works

https://www.facebook.com/mark.moeller.7 ... _processed
MM

Re: My bonded pair of long fin Ocellaris

Postby MM on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:29 am

this is the coolest pair of clowns I have had. At first I did not like many of these designer clowns but there are a few that I like a lot. I still have a couple of varieties on my want list.

- Mark
MM

Postby MadCityReefer on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:51 am

Those are pretty cool, first time I saw long fin clowns was at MACNA 2 yrs ago.
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Postby MM on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:28 am

its surprising how long it takes from the first time people see them until they become available. Still not really available anywhere regularly. I see a few varieties I really want but not available yet. Don't ever fall for the trap of spending a ton of money because every variety will eventually be common. The ligtenings were going for up to ten thousand dollars at first. Now they can barely sell them for 150$. - Mark
MM

Postby O&J'sdad on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Mark how are there doing for you?
O&J'sdad

Postby MM on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:03 am

They are doing well. Clowns are such hardy fish. The large female has a small growth on her mouth. I have considered treating it but that is often more dangerous than letting them live with it. Just try to feed them well and keep water quality high and they sometimes go away on their own. I have seen clowns live with a small fungal infection for years before it goes away. Maybe if I can them to start hosting the anemone will help clear it up. They have rbtas on the opposite side of the tank from where they hang out. I think I need to just leave the splits in their and change the flow pattern so some of the rbtas park themselves in their favorite clay pot. The rbtas always park where there is a constant down flow, like what comes off of a traditional hang on back filter. I hope to get eggs soon but it is hard to predict when a pair will start laying. She looks big enough but so much of her is tail its is deceiving. I will let you all know when they start laying and when I first collect a batch of their eggs. I have several pairs that I am hoping to see first eggs from soon.

- Mark
MM

Return to MARS General