New to reefing and coral growth

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

New to reefing and coral growth

Postby Jp1107 on Wed May 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Good afternoon everybody,

I have some general questions and topics I would like to discuss. I am brand new to reefing and saltwater exploration for the home. I currently have a 40 breeder with 40lbs of Rock. 10 lbs of live rock. HOB reef octopus, aqua top canisters filter, Kessil 160 led. My parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 5 nitrates phosphates 0, I don't know my calcium numbers yet bought the test a couple days ago waiting for the delivery :mrgreen: . Ph 8.1 My live stock is 3 Narrius snails and a cleaner shrimp, sail fin blenny, and a pair of clowns. And a power head and it's been up for almost 2 months. Salinity 1.025 Okay got that out of the way. I'm having some information issues on the proper light configuration I should be using for my Zoas and mushroom and torch coral.I have limited corals right now. But just having trouble on their preferred lighting and water flow. I've scoured the Internet and found out there is no right answer. This is where you guys come in. I know it's trial and error. What seemed to work best for these guys. And how do I configure the led correctly. Do corals like more blue or more white? Where do they like to be placed. Etc etc. the Zoas open up. And the hairy green mushroom open up. The torch opens a little, really now opening up a lot. And that's all I know so far.

Thanks for chatting
[-o<
Justin
Jp1107

Return to MARS General