New posters moderated.

Information about the website, forums, etcetera

Moderator: BraenDead

New posters moderated.

Postby beergeek on Tue May 16, 2006 7:09 am

Can we make it so New posters have to have their posted reviewed by a Mod before they get to General foums so we do not get adds for Drugs? I think it would be a little price to pay for keeping the content on track.
Beergeek
46G Oceanic Bowfront
beergeek

Postby Ereefic on Tue May 16, 2006 9:57 am

Nobody likes spam, but I think we're going to have to deal with it as it comes up. But Bob will know better than me if something like that is an option.
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby BraenDead on Wed May 17, 2006 8:07 am

Has this been a problem? I haven't seen this as a problem for a while, but I'm not sure if the posts are just getting deleted before I see them. If it continues to be a problem, there are additional added levels of security I can put on the forum, but this isn't always going to solve it. Unfortunately a forum is similar to a wiki page, in order to keep it open to public free discussion the best solution is maintaining good moderation. Perhaps the best solution would be to add additional members to moderate the forum with the ability to delete posts?

I'm open to ideas if anyone has anything to share.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Ereefic on Wed May 17, 2006 9:35 am

It doesn't happen often at all. I just deleted one yersterday that brought on this post, and that was the only one i've dealt with. Took me awhile, but figured it out. :lol:
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby BraenDead on Wed May 17, 2006 9:51 am

Good to hear, I've been so busy lately I usually only check the board once a day or so and usually not on weekends.
If it becomes an increasing problem, let me know.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Rueg on Wed May 17, 2006 11:28 am

It is not a problem. We have to have somebody to rip on and make fun of and the advertisements give us that. :P
Rueg

Return to Website Questions